Goal Setting

Turbo charge your New Year’s Resolutions with video logging

4 Jan , 2015  

It’s a new year and this time of year there is a common questions which many will ask you in social conversation and that is the one about resolutions.

It seems that the fresh start of the year gives people the notion of beginning or promising something new or to change something for the better, but unfortunately the statistics reveal a darker nature to new year’s resolutions which tells me that you should avoid them at all costs.

According to a study done at the University of Scranton within their Psychology department, only 8% of people succeed in achieving their resolution, which means the other 92% fail.

In fact the very act of making a resolution almost starts the process of failure because most people set high upper bounds which will never be achieved. A better solution is to setup a lower bound and easy target that will be achieved.

For example, the number one resolution has always been to lose weight, and most people will set a target weight loss that is well beyond their reach. That sets them up for an extremely hard process of motivating themselves and confidence in achieving the goal. Why not set a lower bound instead and develop habits that can be incorporated into your lifestyle and that cultivates success.

So instead of setting a weight loss goal, why not just set a goal to do at least 1 push up a day. That’s all. Imagine if you did that the whole year and your only promise to yourself was to do this, than at the end of the year you will have developed an incredible habit and you can even then increase that to 10 push-ups a day.

Start small is what I say.

We want to encourage you to achieve your goals, so one way that will help is to make yourself accountable to yourself, and often the best way to do this is to document your progress.

Many fitness programs will have you take photos before and after your fitness program to show the change in your body. With any type of goal whether physical, mental or otherwise, can be documented and progress shown.

In fact we provide the best way of doing that with video in private, as there is no other documentation format that is as real and raw as video. Our studies show that using video to hold yourself accountable will increase your chances of achieving your new year’s resolutions by as much as 50%.

Video logging and video recording as long been a method used in many professional careers to document progress, and this is especially so in professional sports. As a private individual you can use this simple way yourself and see how far you’ve gotten later on in the year.

In fact you could start a new logbook for each goal that you want to set and document them all separately.

Anyways, the message here is that video logging is extremely effective as an accountability mechanism and we want you to use it to reach your goals.

,



Comments are closed.

Fitbit One